A few years from now, businesses had very limited resources to build a network. One of the common ways was by telephone. At that time, when the internet and smartphones were nothing more than rocket science, enterprises needed to know a computer’s telephone number to make connections. Of course, this method was slow and time-consuming. Also, it had geographical constraints.
But thanks to the technical advancements, we have numerous options available that help companies build connections without geographical limitations. As a result, businesses can make connections that suit their specific goals and needs. Although centralized networks allow building connections across the globe, it has some drawbacks. Well, this is where Blockchain comes into the picture. It offers a decentralized ecosystem, which ensures highly secure, transparent, and private solutions.
Considering these benefits, many have already started to invest in decentralized app development. Before you jump into a decentralized network for your business, it is crucial to know what makes it different from a centralized network and how it works.
- Differences between centralized and decentralized network
In the early 2000s, the beginning of a centralized internet connection, people posted anything online without depending on a particular company. One of the reasons was people did not have the internet tools that we have today.
Things are different now. The power of the online world is with a few tech giants like Facebook and Google. It has raised cases of privacy and security issues in the past. There have been instances when these multinational companies have sold the data and information of their users without permission. We cannot deny the fact that these companies have made it possible to connect without boundaries. The recent events of data breaching have fueled decentralized application development.
When it comes to decentralized networks, it is a peer-to-peer system built for the community and by the community. It means the network is not controlled by a single entity. But a network of devices serves as a host of the online world. One has to go through hundreds of nodes to gain access to data on a decentralized network, making it a highly secure and transparent internet network. But how does a decentralized network work? To understand this, you have to read further.
- How do things work in a decentralized network?
With the implementation in various sectors, the Blockchain-based network has already proven safe and secure for carrying out transactions and processes. One of the things that attract businesses towards a decentralized network is to allow transactions without an intermediary.
- No alteration and deleting of data – The data structure of Blockchain technology is append-only, which means no one can change the data once stored. Thus, your data and transaction history will remain immutable, and no one accesses it without your permission.
- You will enjoy full control – Unlike a centralized network where only a few leading companies hold control over data, decentralization offers full control. It means there are no third parties who store your data. The transactions in a decentralized network do not need a verification process from third parties. Instead, the blockchain-powered network uses consensus methods for verifying the information.
- Highly-secured data – Decentralized network offers a high level of security due to the way it handles transactions and data. But what makes this ecosystem secure? The answer is cryptography, which makes sure the data ledgers are secure. Besides this, the data in one block needs data from the adjacent that uses cryptography for data validation.
- Data free from censorship – One of the primary challenges of using a centralized network is censorship of the content by the government authorities. But the chances of censorship are little to zero in a decentralized network. It is because no authorities are governing the data and transactions stored in a decentralized ecosystem.
- Open development environment – Another benefit of a Blockchain-based network is its open development environment. In addition to this, it comes with incredible tools, services, and products. It allows anyone to create a decentralized app. As a result, professionals from various sectors are leveraging this network, including social media. It further led to a surge in demand for decentralized social network developers.
Are you struggling with the challenges put forth by a centralized network? If yes, it is high time you consider decentralized solutions. By implementing a decentralized Blockchain network, you can overcome most of the challenges and take your business to another level.